Mom, I’m bored! Honey what should we do for date night? Let’s go out! Whether you’ve lived here a while or are new to the area here are some fun ideas to keep you entertained. Click on the names, they link to their websites.
1. FRISCO ROUGHRIDERS– When it comes to ballparks, there’s not much like that of Frisco’s Dr Pepper Ballpark. Home of the Frisco RoughRiders, the Dr Pepper Ballpark has seen some great improvements over the past few years, and it’s become one of the top fields in minor league baseball. With a unique design, exciting features, and an incredible setting, the ballpark is nearly unmatched.
What truly sets Dr Pepper Ballpark apart from the rest is some of its newest additions, including a lazy river pool out in right field, among other interesting updates.
2. IFLY– Experience the thrill of skydiving with out jumping out of a plane at IFly in Plano. This state of the are facility is perfect for the thrill seeker and the faint of heart alike because it’s a fun, safe and exhilarating experience.
3. GO APE TREE TOP ADVENTURE– Go Ape Treetop Adventure is way more than just zip lines. It’s a 2-3-hour journey through the forest canopy as you take on suspended obstacles, Tarzan swings and breathtaking zip lines – all with an incredible view of the public parks.
4. SHOPS AT LEGACY– Stroll through LuLuLemon, Urban Outfitters, and Kendra Scott plus many other tantalizing boutiques and delicious restaurants. If you have time then catch an independent film at the stylish Angelica Theater. Cross the bridge to the new LEGACY WEST luxury development where you can test drive a Tesla, indulge your inner epicurean at Dean and DeLuca (opening soon) and get ready for your next vacation at the Tommy Bahama Store. If you’re hungry there’s plenty of restaurants to choose from!
5. TOP GOLF– the premier golf entertainment complex where the competition of sport meets your favorite local hangout. You can challenge your friends and family to addictive point-scoring golf games that anyone from the hopeful pro golfer to your neighbor’s 7-year-old kid can play year-round. Just picture a 240-yard outfield with dartboard-like targets in the ground. The closer to the center or “bull’s-eye” you get and the farther out you hit your microchipped balls, the more points you receive. Score even bigger with Topgolf’s extensive food and beverage menu that is sure to impress even the pickiest foodies. It’s not golf – it’s Topgolf. Give it a shot!
6. WATTERS CREEK– Grab your blanket and sit on the green or enjoy patio dining Alfresco at Concerts by the Creek at Watters Creek beginning Saturday September 2nd, 2017 at 7:00pm. Walk through the paths of upscale shops or dine along the creek. Browse through Anthropologie, get a hair cut at the Boardroom Salon for Men, and enjoy a glass of wine at The Cellar Craft & Kitchen on the creek.
7. DINOSAURS LIVE– Encounter the 46-foot T-Rex and nine new life-size animatronic dinosaurs along the Heard Natural Science Museum & Wildlife Sanctuary’s nature trails at the 12th annual Dinosaurs Live! Life-size Animatronic Dinosaurs exhibit. The exhibit always gives families and friends a fun, educational activity to enjoy together. Don’t forget it also provides a unique family outing during the holidays! See the dinosaurs move and hear them roar! Photo op and play area dinosaurs are available as well. The dinosaur trail is jogging stroller friendly.
8. GRAPEVINE WINE TOURS– You may not be aware of it but Texas has some great wineries! The Grapevine Wine Tours offers both lunch and dinner tours that are affordably priced. You are whisked away in a tour bus that takes you to several wineries offering you a variety of tastes of Texas’s best wines. The dinner tour includes a lovely meal at one of Grapevines top restaurants.
9. OBSTACLE WARRIOR KIDS– Inspired by the hit television show American Ninja Warrior on NBC, Obstacle Warrior Kids is a place for kids to challenge themselves on a variety of obstacles in an indoor, climate-controlled environment. In addition to the obstacles, they also offer dodgeball using soft foam dodgeballs.
10. PLANO BALLOON FESTIVAL– For three days in September each year, the sky of Plano, Texas, is filled with hot air balloons as part of the Plano Balloon Festival. This action-packed weekend features a slew of family-friendly entertainment such as live concerts, skydiving performances and a large kid’s zone. Food and merchandise vendors are available throughout the grounds of Plano’s Oak Point Park, a beautiful and scenic nature reserve that provides the perfect backdrop for this colorful outdoor event.