Sandwiched between Allen to the south and McKinney to the north, Fairview wasn’t incorporated until 1958, and, as the town’s website says, they are still “keeping it country” here. Though there are some newer zero-lot-line subdivisions, many of the lots for sale are big enough to keep horses on. Look around, and you’ll find areas with rolling hills and mature trees. That low density offers a huge benefit: Fairview was ranked in May as the fourth safest city in the state of Texas by the National Council for Home Safety and Security. But it’s not all wide open spaces. Just down Stacy Road, right off Central Expressway, you’ll find the mammoth Village at Fairview mall (and its equally huge counterpart across the street, in Allen). (Courtesy D Magazine)
Fairview is a close-knit town of 8,648 residents. Residents also have close access to McKinley National Airport, golf courses such as the Heritage Ranch & Golf Country Club, and the sizable Lavon Lake. Neighboring the 289-acre Heard Wildlife Sanctuary which has nature trails, gardens, and an 1880’s prairie village.
- Estimated median house value $416,300
- Median income: $103,127
- 63% of students are enrolled in AP/IB classes
Fairview is served by the Lovejoy ISD. The district covers approximately 17 square miles and is home to over 4000 K-12 students. Lovejoy is categorized as a 5A school district for athletics, fine arts and academic competitions. Lovejoy will remain a district with only one high school with 9-12 enrollment not to exceed 1,900 students. Lovejoy graduated its first senior class in 2010 and consistently receives both state and national recognition for post-secondary readiness. (Courtesy Lovejoy ISD)
- In August 2015, StartClass ranked the Lovejoy Independent School District as the #1 public school district in the State of Texas and the #5 public school district in the United States.
- Winner of the State of Texas HEB Excellence in Education Award for school districts.
- Two-time winner of the prestigious UIL Lone Star Cup.
- Ranked #2, out of 1,217 school districts, in performance on the State of Texas Assessment of Academic Readiness (STAAR) exams. One of 24 districts in Texas recognized for college readiness.
- Lovejoy High School ranked as one of the top 500 high schools in the United States by “U.S. News and World Report,” in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and a 2016 ranking of 222 out of nearly 20,000 high schools.
- The College Board designated 253 Lovejoy High School Advanced Placement Scholars in 2016. 212 Lovejoy High School Advanced Placement Scholars earned this distinction in 2015.
- The College Board has designated Lovejoy High School as an AP Honor Roll Recipient.
We do not independently verify the currency, completeness, accuracy or authenticity of the data contained herein. The data may be subject to transcription and transmission errors. Accordingly, the data is provided on an "as is, as available" basis only.